On behalf of the Board of Directors of Cornwall Lift-Off, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to be a vendor in our upcoming festival. Cornwall Lift-Off will be holding its annual Hot Air Balloon Festival this summer from July 9th – 12th at Lamoureux Park in Cornwall.
Our 21th Anniversary year will be host to another 25 balloon teams that will fill the sky with colourful balloons that will both take flight over the community and tether for the crowd in the park. Please be advised that rain and/or high winds may force the cancellation of any of these balloon activities.
- The flights are expected to launch from the Park and are scheduled to launch at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday July 9th, at 6:30 am and 6:30 pm on Friday July 10th, at 6:30 am and 6:30 pm on Saturday July 11th and also at 6:30 am on Sunday July 12th.
- Weather permitting, we will also host a tethered balloon to give those who wish to experience the sky over the community at a fraction of the cost.
Got coupons and/or special offers? Let us help you promote and get some traffic.
We have four days again…The entry fee has dropped so we can get more people in the park and allow them to spend more on vendors. Stay tuned for some special announcements as well.
- Weekend Price down from $45.00 to $25.00 (We want to encourage more families to come out and be able to afford the event)
We are looking at a variety of giveaway initiatives ($$$) that will get MORE people in the park for LONGER periods of time.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our event will potentially last until 11pm on Sunday night (Pending Entertainment Line-up…we typically end at 5pm but may have the opportunity to have an evening show)
The Board of Directors of Cornwall Lift-Off has set the following vendor policy:
- Vendor shall pay the sum of $600.00 as a fee to Lift-Off to become an official Participant to sell approved products as agreed to herein. This fee is for rental of a 15’ x 15’ vendor space. Vendor location will be at the discretion of the Lift-Off committee. (please note, there will be no vendors located on festival grounds outside of the gates including Midway area).
- Vendor shall pay the fee to Lift-Off as follows. $300.00 with the return of this signed agreement on or before April 30th, 2015. The fee is non-refundable except in the event of cancellation of the event by Lift-Off. The balance of the fee owing, $300.00, will be paid by July 9th, 2015, prior to set up.
- The participant shall further pay the sum of $100.00 to Lift-Off on or before Thursday July 9th, 2015 as a deposit to be held and applied to property damage. Lift-Off and Participant shall perform an inspection before and after the event and if nothing is a problem Lift-Off shall return the $100.00 damage deposit within 25 days.
- The Participant shall be responsible for installation of material needed to prevent damage to the grass and other surfaces. The Participant must keep the area clean and change the material as necessary. All non-essential vehicles must be off-site by 12:00 pm on Thursday July 9th, 2015.
- Individual external generators are not permitted on site.
- The Participant shall be responsible for all permit fees or vendor permits required by law. The Participant shall have fire extinguishers on the site to the extent required by the fire regulation of The City of Cornwall.
- Lift-Off will supply a (1) electrical power outlet, 110 volt, 15 amps. Any requirements greater than this must be conveyed to Lift-Off by April 31, 2015.
- Lift-Off will provide overnight security on the site, but will not be responsible for loss or damage to the Participants site or to the contents thereof.
- The Participant shall attend and be open during the operating hours of the festival which are as follows, Thursday July 9, 2105 14:30 to 23:00, Friday 14:30 to 23:00, Saturday 14:30 to 23:00 and Sunday July 12th 14:30 to 18:00. (closing time to be between 5 to 11 pm depending on show schedule…will be confirmed by May 8th)
- The parties agree the Participant shall provide by June 30, 2015 a price list of all and any products they intend to offer for sale during Lift-Off. These prices are not to be changed after that date unless approved by the Lift-Off committee.
- The Participant agrees with Lift-Off that all Participants members must remain behind serving areas for the purposes of promoting.
- Lift-Off shall provide clean-up of all the overall areas of the Lift-Off festival during and following the event.
- The Participant agrees to sell no items except as specifically set out and authorized in this Agreement. In particular, the Participant shall not sell or provide the following:
- Hamburgers below $3.00
- Hot Dogs below $2.00
- Large Hot Dogs below $3.00
- The Participant shall have in force an insurance policy in a minimum amount of 2,000,000.00 covering public liability, bodily liability, food products liability and property damage. Cornwall Lift-Off Hot Air Balloon Festival Inc. shall be named as an additional insured with coverage and delivered to Lift-Off before or on June 1, 2015.
- It is agreed between the parties that neither party shall be held responsible for damages caused by delay or failure to perform his undertakings under the terms of this Agreement when the delay or failure is due to fires, strikes, floods, acts of God or the Queens enemies lawful acts of public authorities, or delays or defaults caused by common carriers, which cannot reasonably be foreseen or provided against.
The Participants must fill out the required Application for Food Vendors Form from the Eastern Ontario Health Unit. www.eohu.ca Eastern Ontario Health Unit, 1000 Pitt Street, Cornwall, Ontario K6J 5T1 (613) 933-1375
- Each vendor will be provided with four (4) festival weekend bracelets. If you require additional bracelets they can be purchased on-site.
“It has been a very exciting 20 years…lots of UPS and DOWNS…(pun intended). The festival does not happen overnight, nor does it happen without the hard work of all those involved. Many of our vendors have been with us through thick and thin and we thank them for their support and hope to welcome them back for what hopes to be one of the most entertaining year. If you are considering our event for the first time, please feel free to reach out and ask questions, offer advice and/or lend a hand.”
To get things started, please fill out the vendor registration form below.
Festival Chair-Business Division, Cornwall Lift-Off